SJSU HFES & UXA are proud to present an enriching opportunity to meet top professionals in Human Factors, UX Research, and UX Design!
Join us on November 2nd
6:00PM – 8:30 PM (Sign-In time 5:45 PM)
At SJSU Student Union Meeting Room 2B
Would you like to be a Student Ambassador for our student chapter? This is an opportunity for first years to learn the operations within the SJSU HFES council, contribute ideas of their own, represent their peers, and create an impact within our community. YOU can be that person!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT
* TAKES INITIATIVE
* IS RESPONSIBLE
* WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS
* WITH A CAN-DO ATTITUDE
The application form is up! Apply today to help assist the HFES Council & continue the legacy of this award-winning student chapter!
DEADLINE: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2016 AT 11:59 PM PST
Happy October Everyone! Here are some upcoming events for the month
~Dates, Timing, and Location are subject to change, please look for individual event posts~
Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care Student Design Competition
-$500 for 1st place and free admission to the conference for 1 from each of the top 3 design teams
—Sign up by September 30th, 2016
—Submit by January 10, 2017
– Info: https://www.hfes.org…/HFESMeetin…/2017HCSstudentdesign.html
ST Developers Conference
What: Bringing together experts in markets that are poised for rapid growth in the coming years: Smart Things for the IoT, and Smart Home, City & Industry.
– When: Tuesday, October 4th @ 9 AM – 6 PM
– Where: Santa Clara Convention Center- Mission City Ballroom
– Info: Free registration. Last day to register was Sept. 29th
Recent Graduate Speaker Panel (Portfolio/Resume Review)
– What: Get advice from recent HFE graduates on how to succeed academically and in your early career.
– WHen: Wednesday, October 5th @ 6 PM
– SJSU – Macquarrie Hall 324
UXA’s Sketch Foundations Workshop
– When: Sunday, October 8th @ 1-4 PM
– Where: WeWork Vallley Towers
– 75 E Santa Clara St. 6th Floor
– Sign-up: bit.ly/2csdx9e
Oracle Usability Labs
– When: Friday, October 21st @ 1 PM
– Where: Oracle Applications User Experience
200 Oracle Pkwy Redwood Shores, CA 94065
-Limited number of people can go ( Waitlist is growing)
Hope to see you all there!
This FREE one-day interactive summit, to be held on October 4, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center’s Mission City Ballroom will bring together experts in markets that are poised for rapid growth in the coming years: Smart Things for the IoT, and Smart Home, City & Industry. Meet and learn from industry influencers presenting on a variety of topics while offering their perspectives on how these technologies will affect the future of product development. Presentations will offer real-world examples and technical information while providing an overview of the disruptive technologies that are now becoming available to help develop next-generation products. The last day to register for this Conference is Sept 29th.
Here’s what the schedule looks like for the event:
6:15 PM – Sign- In & Registration (Early arrival advised)
6:30 PM – Dinner (30 mins)
7:00 PM – Panel Discussion (1 hr)
8:00 PM – Q & A (10-15 mins)
8:15 PM – Portfolio/Resume Review Intro. (~3-5 mins)
8:20 PM – Portfolio/Resume Review (~35 mins.)
8:55 PM – Closing
– Choosing between research vs design
– Choosing between thesis v.s. project
– Tips on being successful in finishing thesis – timeline & initiatives to take
– How to choose and establish a relationship with advisor & maximize their help
– Tips for resumes and portfolios
– Prepping for interviews
– How to maximize one’s internship
– Any early career development advice
– Their journey transitioning from being a student to professional
– Transitioning between research and design
Portfolio/ Resume Review
– Speakers will have a 1:1 session with students to review their resume and portfolios.
– Deadline to submit resume/portfolio has been extended to Tuesday, September 27 at 11:59 PM PST.
– Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! It’s that time of year again, school is starting and so is the second annual HFES Mentor-Mentee Program! This is a great chance for those in industry or in the later years of the SJSU HFE program to help and influence current students in their academic and career development. The Mentor-Mentee Program allows new students to get a head start on school and their careers and gives senior students a chance to get more in depth mentorship with established individuals in the industry. The Mentor-Mentee Program lasts for 3 months and we suggest that you meet once every two weeks for an hour, which can be virtual, in person, or as casual or formal as you decide.
Mentors: You have been in the program for at least a year, are an alumnus, or someone who works currently working in a field related to human factors and ergonomics (HFE).
Mentees: You are a current student in the Human Factors and Ergonomics program at SJSU and a paid member of HFES.
Sign up by Monday September 12th to participate, the earlier you sign up the better we’ll be able to match you with a mentor or mentee that meets your interests.
First Link – Mentor Application
Second Link – Mentee Application