This FREE one-day interactive summit, to be held on October 4, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center’s Mission City Ballroom will bring together experts in markets that are poised for rapid growth in the coming years: Smart Things for the IoT, and Smart Home, City & Industry. Meet and learn from industry influencers presenting on a variety of topics while offering their perspectives on how these technologies will affect the future of product development. Presentations will offer real-world examples and technical information while providing an overview of the disruptive technologies that are now becoming available to help develop next-generation products. The last day to register for this Conference is Sept 29th.
Website link: http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/special-events/developers-conference.html
Get advice from recent HFE graduates on how to succeed academically and in your early career and have your resume/portfolio reviewed.
Here’s what the schedule looks like for the event:
6:15 PM – Sign- In & Registration (Early arrival advised)
6:30 PM – Dinner (30 mins)
7:00 PM – Panel Discussion (1 hr)
8:00 PM – Q & A (10-15 mins)
8:15 PM – Portfolio/Resume Review Intro. (~3-5 mins)
8:20 PM – Portfolio/Resume Review (~35 mins.)
8:55 PM – Closing
– Choosing between research vs design
– Choosing between thesis v.s. project
– Tips on being successful in finishing thesis – timeline & initiatives to take
– How to choose and establish a relationship with advisor & maximize their help
– Tips for resumes and portfolios
– Prepping for interviews
– How to maximize one’s internship
– Any early career development advice
– Their journey transitioning from being a student to professional
– Transitioning between research and design
Portfolio/ Resume Review
– Speakers will have a 1:1 session with students to review their resume and portfolios.
– Deadline to submit resume/portfolio has been extended to Tuesday, September 27 at 11:59 PM PST.
– Please submit to email@example.com